I found this recipe on Pinterest years ago and it quickly became my husband’s favorite dessert. So needless to say I make it at least twice a year. The last time I made it, I decided to share it as a Pin Idea and I still can’t believe the amount of attention it has received. With over 100,000 impressions I felt it deserved its own blog post.
I can’t take credit for this delicious concoction so please feel free to use the original recipe from teaspoon.com or keep reading to see my rendition below.
What Goes In Sugar Cookie Butter Dump Cake?
I’m glad you asked, the ingredients list is pretty simple and everything can be purchased where ever you shop for food. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 pouch of sugar cookie mix (17.5 ounces)
- 14 ounce jar of cookie butter
- 14 ounce can of sweetended condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 sticks of salted butter (melted)
- 3 eggs
- 9×13 inch baking dish or pan
Before we dive into the rest of this recipe, can we take a quick break to talk about cookie butter? I first learned of this deliciousness in a jar while visiting Trader Joe’s back in 2013, it was so good I ate it straight out of the jar with a spoon. Then later I started pairing it with different types of cookies until I ran across this recipe. Oh yeah, be sure to use salted butter for that salty/sweet combo!
Ok now let’s get to the good part …
How To Make Sugar Cookie Butter Dump Cake
Once you have all the ingredients laid out it’s time to put it all together.
Start by preheating the oven to 350. In a mixing bowl combine the cookie butter, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, and cinnamon. Stir until everything is well incorporated, it should look like this.
Next, spray your dish or pan with non-stick cooking spray then spread the cookie butter batter into the bottom.
Now we shall sprinkle the sugar cookie mixture right on top of the cookie butter batter like so
After that, drizzle the melted butter on top
This is how it should look, be sure to cover all dry areas with butter to make sure every inch gets some.
Ok, now bake for 35 minutes (or until golden brown) and you should have something that looks like this. I baked mine longer than I needed to and it came out too hard so keep an eye on it.
Sugar Cookie Butter Dump Cake
- 1 pouch Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 14 ounce Jar Cookie Butter
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 14 ounce Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 sticks Salted Butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Spray 9 x 13-inch baking dish/pan with non-stick spray
- Combine cookie butter, sweetended condensed milk, cinnamon, and eggs in a bowl and stir well
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish/pan
- Sprinkle dry sugar cookie mix evenly over cookie butter batter
- Drizzle melted butter evenly across sugar cookie mix
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown
- Allow 30 mintures to cool before cutting
- Serve with your favorite ice cream and enjoy!
Once this beauty comes out of the oven, let it cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting, then top it with a scoop of your favorite ice cream (vanilla works best) and enjoy!
Comment below if you make this recipe, I would love to know how much you love it too!